High School Team
A CC4C Team competes to bring joy and inspiration to a child suffering from a rare or undiagnosed condition. Becoming a CC4C Team will change your team and your season, giving your team a reason to compete beyond themselves. Please send all inquiries about the high school team program at CC4C to (email@example.com).
Each CC4C team is hand selected by the child and the Executive Committee. The requirements are:
- The child is your fan. We ask them if they could be part of any team which would they choose. They have to name your team.
- You have a structure that facilitates communication with both the child’s family and CC4C. Typically that involves a booster club or parent willing to take on the role of liaison with our organization
- You have the heart of a champion. What makes this program so inspiring is the bond that is built between the child and the athletes.
- Child is paired with the High School Team for the 2014-15 season
- They are introduced to the teams at the beginning of the season.
- They are given team paraphernalia so they can feel part of a team in a way they never had a chance.
- They are invited to a minimum of three team gatherings. (ie- practices, award banquets, pre-game dinners, pep rallies etc.)
- Each team and/or Booster Club members attend the September Mini-Marathon event and create a station for your championed child.
Ideas for the rest of the season:
- Provide child with a special seat at home games so they can go watch the team when health allows.
- Have them be part of a team photo
- Invite them to team family gatherings, picnics, team breakfast, etc
- Invite them to intramural scrimmages
- Have them participate in Homecoming parades, pep rallies, etc
- Let them be part of the coin toss
- Announcements of their attendance when possible/practical
- When possible the coaches, team and supporters wear the children’s wrist bands and motto
- Encourage your athletes/boosters to attend the various celebrations for the child